Baumer GAPI for Linux® ARM®
„Optimally harmonized software integration for embedded vision applications“
The Baumer GAPI SDK for Linux® ARM®-based platforms is aimed at the increasing number of embedded vision applications. Enhanced performance, an energy-efficient design with high flexibility and the ever-increasing number of ARM®-based hardware providers open up new application potential for camera-based solutions. At the same time, full GenICam™ and GenTL compliance ensure easy interfacing of GigE and Dual GigE cameras.
Baumer tested the hardware platforms of selected providers and support them with the current GAPI SDK version. To do so, the SDK provides several installation packages: standard packages for using provider-specific evaluation kits and basic packages allowing for individualized software design.
Baumer GAPI SDK for Linux® ARM®-based platforms supports the following evaluation kits by different standard packages:
NVIDIA® Jetson TK1
for Linux® for Tegra® (Ubuntu®)
CompuLab CM-FX6 (SBC-FX6)
Raspberry Pi® 2
Where using other ARM®-based boards, provided basic packages enable individual software design. They include all libraries and software modules (no visualisation examples) required to integrate GigE cameras in machine vision software supporting the hard and softfloat processors of the ARM® ARM7™ family.
SDK Baumer GAPI for Linux® ARM®-based hardware platforms includes:
- Standard packages: Selected hardware evaluation kit support for different providers, for example NVIDIA® Jetson, Raspberry Pi®, CompuLab and ODROID
- Basic packages: Hard and softfloat processor support for the ARM® ARM7™ family
- Versatile functionalities for process-reliable camera interfacing, for example
- High-performance Baumer image processor for optimum color calculation out of Raw Bayer image data
- Action command for quick, hardware-near triggering
- Supporting events and status information for automated process control