O300, O500 Light barriers and diffuse sensors
A unique portfolio for reliable object detection.
The optoelectronic O300 and O500 sensors provide highest precision, reliability and performance and set new benchmarks in terms of safety and comfort.
O300 laser sensors – precise object detection
Thanks to their very accurate 0.1 mm small light beam, O300 allows the reliable detection of tiny objects as well as of parts positioned close together. Thanks to laser class 1, the sensors are safe and do not pose any danger to the eyes.
O300 laser sensors
- Detection of tiny objects thanks to a focused 0.1 mm light beam
- Reliable detection of parts positioned close together
- Laser class 1
- 1 sensor for trays, bottles and foils
- 1.000 mm range without reflector
- Fast response time of 0,25 ms
- Fast format changes with IO-Link
O300 / O500 with IO-Link
- Automated parameter setting for fast format changes
- Process optimization via diagnostic and monitoring functionality
- Cost reduction thanks to predictive maintenance
O300 / O500 Diffuse sensor with background suppression
- Largely independent of color
- Detection of small, quickly moving objects thanks to short response times
- Fast and precise adjustment thanks to highly visible red light
O300 / O500 SmartReflect – the light barrier without reflector
- Reliable object detection independent of color, shape or surface
- Fast and easy commissioning
- Reduced downtimes thanks to absence of reflector
Hygienic- and washdown design
- EHEDG and FDA compliant, Ecolab-tested
- Robust (IP69K and Baumer proTect+)
O300 / O500 Diffuse sensor with intensity difference
- Ideal solutions for black and white distinction
- Relatively large active range
- Positioning and monitoring with just one sensor
- Easy installation
O300 / O500 Retro-reflective sensor
- Reliable detection of objects located at any position on a conveyor belt
- Detection through small openings
- Detection of fast moving objects (Response times of 0,05 ms)
O300/O500 Trough Beam Sensor
- Large range up to 25 meter
- Detection of fast moving objects (response time of 0,49 ms)
- High excess gain
From conception to maintenance – Baumer provides the perfect solution
Sensor principle and light source can also be specifi ed at a later stage thanks to Baumer OneBox Design.
Easy design-in with the aid of 3D models, with integrated optical axis.
Wide portfolio of technologies, sensor principles and light sources.
Fast installation thanks to qTarget with precisely aligned light beam and reliable commissioning with qTeach.
Maximum operational stability through increased power reserves, i.a. thanks to Aline technology.
Easy access to technical data and operating manuals on the internet via QR code.
Videos / Tutorials
NextGen O300 / O500NextGen O300/O500
O500O500 - The new performance category in optical sensor technology
O500 - Key principles and key features
O500 with SmartRelfect
O500 with background suppression
Areas of Applications
Developed for many industries. Examples:
With the NextGen series we are setting new benchmarks with regard to reliability and convenience, thus meeting the challenges of the packaging industry in an ideal way.
- Convenience when changing format thanks to qTeach™ and IO-Link
- Reliability thanks to high reserve capacity and speed
Installation and automation
When it comes to required features like precision, reliability and compact design, the NextGen series offers optimum solutions for object detection and positioning.
- Ideal for object recognition and positioning
- Accuracy thanks to speed
- Reliable recognition even with small objects Reliable object detection
- Keyhole Optic (retro-reflective sensor): Reliable detection at close range, from the smallest of openings up to 4mm
- Cascading (SmartReflect and background suppressor)
- Prevents mutual interference of sensors positioned next to each other
- Reliable object detection in the most confined spaces
- Consistently high excess gain even at close range
- Compact design for use in tight spaces
- Precise, reliable object recognition
Diffuse sensor with background suppression - precise and extremely color-independent
- Aline technology – for maximum capacity and efficiency
- Detects objects with various shapes and surfaces even more reliably
- Extremely color-independent diffuse sensor with background suppression
- Standard LED or Baumer PinPoint LED for all accuracy requirements
Your benefits: Maximum functional reliability during object detection
Diffuse sensors with intensity difference – easy detection of light objects in front of dark backgrounds
- Easy installation thanks to visible spot
- Fast due to short response time
- Suitable to discern black and white
- Variety of sensing distances depending on the reflective properties of the object surface
- Relatively large active range
- Wide field of application for standard detection like differentiation and sorting of objects (e.g. by size, degree of reflection), counting of objects or check presence check (e.g. of a paper stack)
- Cost-effective - positioning and monitoring with just one sensor
Your benefit: the reasonable solution for standard object detection
Standard LED: diffuse light spot, especially suited for object detection during parts feeding
Baumer PinPoint LED: small, homogenous light spot with a sharp focus
Infrared LED: invisible light spot e.g. used for light barriers
Laser: focused, clearly visible light beam, well suited for accurate positioning tasks