Format alignment and positioning
Fast retrofitting and reliable error avoidance with Multicon and FlexiDrive.
Since format alignments are often performed manually, there is plenty of room for improvement. Baumer meets this challenge with its extensive industry and application experience and its versatile technology.
Baumer offers tried and tested solutions for efficient and reliable format and stop positioning, which were developed in close collaboration with our customers - to save time during retrofitting and to avoid costly errors.
Baumer offers users two solutions:
- The Multicon positioning system consists of a memory controller with recipe memory and spindle position displays with an absolute multiturn measuring system and an LCD position display for operator guidance. Multicon has a modular design and supports manual alignment as well as motorized alignment with a cordless screwdriver or drive motor.
- The FlexiDrive actuators and positioning drives are compact drives based on DC or BLDC drive motors. They have an absolute position sensor, integrated positioning controller and fieldbus interface. FlexiDrive enables automated alignment of axes anywhere in the system, even in inaccessible spots. The intelligence in the drive supports the system control.
Areas of Application
- Woodworking machines
- Printing machines
- Packaging machines
- Metal sheet, plastic and foil production
- Drives on dosing valves and rate regulators, e.g. in the paper industry
- DeviceNet (only Multicon)
- RS485 (only Multicon)