How do the impermeability concept proTect+ work?
The proTect+ impermeability concept by Baumer ensures absolute dependability even under most adverse conditions. Thanks to the specifically conceived construction and the use of high-quality materials, sensors with proTect+ provide IP 69K protection and ensure absolute stability even after countless temperature cycles. In order to achieve this, the sensors have been shock-tested over the entire temperature range. The proTect+ concept ensures enhanced reliability and extended sensor service life.
- Long-term seal: Temperature shock test in water and air over the entire temperature range
- Hose-proof and withstands high-pressure cleaning: Meets the highest IP requirements for the areas of application
- Excellent resistance: Selected materials with high resistance to materials such as cleaning agents and oils
- Impermeability properties by design: Optimized mechanical interfaces and manufacturing processes
- Increased process reliability
- Minimum maintenance effort
- Longer product life than conventional sensors
Selected materials such as V4A stainless steel, Liquid Silicon Rubber and polyamide ensure the excellent resistance of the sensors with proTect+
Optimized design of mechanical interfaces guarantees absolute impermeability even at critical areas such as the cable outlet or the LED output indicator – whether during foam or high pressure cleaning
Cyclical temperature shock tests in temperature test chambers and in water guarantee the long-term seal of the sensors with proTect+