SmartReflect® – light barriers without reflectors
The most reliable and most comfortable means of object identification.
With SmartReflect™ Baumer has reinvented the optical light barrier: The reflector as the weak point is eliminated and highly reliable object detection is still guaranteed. That reduces your costs tremendously. Since every interruption of the light beam by any object is detected thanks to the SmartReflect™ principle, the SmartReflect™ light barrier can reliably detect objects independent of their shape, color or surface finish.
When it comes to transparent object detection, SmartReflect is the only sensor in its class to detect transparent objects of any shape or structure up to a distance of 1 meter with a short response time of 0,25ms. Thanks to the integration of the IO-Link interface which allows fast format changes, the easy installation as well different housing designs in plastic, hygienic and washdown designs make SmartReflect the ideal solution even in high demanding environments.
- Highly reliable object detection thanks to the sensor principle independent of their shape, color or surface finish.
- Precise detection of transparent objects.
- Fast and easy installation
- High functional reliability and greater process safety through elimination of the reflector as the weak point
- Reduction of operating costs through elimination of the reflector
- Reliable detection of trays, PET bottles, foils
- Plastic, hygienic and washdown design
- Detection range up to 800mm
Ultra-subminiature housing for extremely limited spaces
- Sensing distance adjustable via Teach-in
- Cable rear side
- Suppression of mutual optical interference
Serie 14 with plastic housing
- Short response time
- Sensing distance adjustable via Teach-in
Hygienic / Washdown Design
- Planning flexibility
- 100% hygienic (EHEDG-certified)
- Long term seal (IP69K, Baumer proTect+)
ONDK 25 for long ranges up to 2 m
- Laser class 1
- Easy and comfortable teaching with qTeach®
Areas of application
In plant and machinery in the packaging industry, installation and handling technology or the graphic industry, SmartReflect™ light barriers ensure a reduction in operating costs and highest reliability. Independent of the sensor type (NextGen, ultra-subminiature housing for extremely limited spaces or ranges up to 2 m); SmartReflect® sensors are always the best choice.
Food and beverage
SmartReflect® light barriers in hygienic and wash-down design are some of the first EHEDG certified photoelectric sensors on the market. Your advantages: Ecolab approved, FDA compliant and sealed housing (protection class IP69K and Baumer proTect+), no HACCPs.
Special SmartReflect® variants recognize transparent objects over a detection range of up to 800 mm - without reflector. Transparent trays, PET bottles, glass containers, etc. are reliably detected. Even highly transparent foils are no problem for the SmartReflect® light barriers.
An award-winning solution
SmartReflect® having been awarded several times is our incentive to leverage more innovations with further added value and product benefits.
Frost & Sullivan - Best Practices Award
The yearly Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Award is based on a detailed market analysis. The Frost & Sullivan Best Practices team of industry experts identifies companies, products and executives that have achieved world-class performances.
The conclusion of the analyst have been:
- The features of Baumer Group’s SmartReflect, such as a unique design, high precision, and robustness combined with very fast ROI make these light barrier solutions extremely attractive to a broad spectrum of end-users and markets.
- This innovative solution overcomes challenges associated with the conventional light barriers, such as high-installation costs, and complicated maintenance processes.
- Baumer Group’s new product brings numerous benefits for industrial customers and is a proof of how technological innovations can significantly improve productivity in manufacturing.
The MM Award is presented by magazine MM machinery market in six categories for outstanding product and performance innovations. Awarded are products with benchmarking technology to provide the user with maximum economic benefits and which caused a “wow” effect among the jury members. SmartReflect® was awarded No.1 in the sensor category.
Automation Award 2011
The most important prize in automation is awarded at SPS IPC Drives exhibition in Nuremberg/Germany. The jury – composed of members of the congressional committee SPS IPC Drives, VDMA, ZVEI and the editorial office of magazine electro automation - nominates 10 products. During the time of the exhibition, the visitors vote on their favorite product novelty from this “Top 10”. SmartReflect™ fended off all competitive sensor products.
MessTec&Sensor Master Award
The editorial office of media partner "MessTec drives Automation" recognises particular product novelties with their MessTec & Sensor Master Award. The readership jury votes on the product innovation to be awarded in the measurement technology and sensor sector. First place winner was SmartReflect™ by Baumer.
Industriepreis „Optische Technologien”
Introduced in 2006 by Huber Publishing for New Media, the Industry Award recognises economic, social, technological and ecological aspects of a product which are evaluated by a jury made up of professors, industry experts and scientists. SmartReflect™ has been nominated in the category “Optical Technologies”.