Forces are measured with a force sensor, of course. Or maybe not? In fact, it’s not as obvious as it might seem at first glance, because strain sensors can be a useful alternative in many cases. Especially when it comes to measuring large forces, they are often the more cost-effective and easier to integrate choice.
This white paper provides guidance on how strain sensors can be used specifically in a project and answers the following key questions:
- How does force measurement with strain sensors work?
- Which strain sensor is the optimal choice for my application?
- Which components do I need for my measurement chain?
- How to mount and place them correctly?
- How do I calibrate my strain measurement?