The optoelectronic O300 and O500 sensors provide highest precision, reliability and performance and set new benchmarks in terms of safety and comfort.
Parallel object detection – cascading
O300 and O500 sensors with SmartReflect or background suppression can be closely mounted side by side without mutual interference. This reduces wiring work and allows reliable object detection in a very confined space.
Detection of fast objects
Laser and PinPoint sensors with a very narrow and precise light beam as well as short response times of up to 0.1 ms allow the reliable detection of small objects even in fast processes.
Object recognition through narrow openings
O300 and O500 retro-reflective sensors can reliably detect objects even through narrow openings of up to 4 mm at close range thanks to keyhole optics. Even small intermediate spaces are no problem.
Object recognition in hygiene and washdown environments
- Resistant to cleaning agents and high-pressure cleaning (IP 69K / proTect+)
- EHEDG-certified, FDA-compliant, Ecolab tested
- Groove-free design prevents buildup of dirt and bacteria
Detection of transparent objects
- Detection of transparent objects of all kinds such as bowls, bottles, foils
- Short response time of < 0.25 ms
- Fast format changes with IO-Link
- Range of up to 1 m without reflector
- Range of up to 7 m with reflector
Presence detection of perforated objects
Presence detection of perforated / irregular objects with linear beam
Optical sensor principles
Choose the right sensor principle to solve your application best. Click here to find out which sensor principle offers which advantages in your application. Up to seven powerful sensor principles from the light barrier without reflector to background suppression are available.
- Standard LED: Diffuse light spot for object recognition
- Baumer PinPoint LED: Small, homogeneous light spot with sharp edges
- Infrared LED: Invisible light beam
- Laser: Focused, easily visible light beam
- Plastic housing with IP 67
- Washdown design (Ecolab tested) in stainless steel with IP 68/69K and proTect+
- Hygiene design (EHEDG-certified, FDA-compliant, Ecolab tested) in stainless steel with IP 68/69K and proTect+
proTect+ impermeability concept
- Sensors remain reliable and impermeable over their entire service life
- Shock-tested over the entire temperature range to simulate aging effects
- IP 69K protection against ingress of dust and high temperature, high pressure water
- In conformity with the relevant regulations and directives (3-A sanitary standards, FDA-compliant, EHEDG-certified)
- No dead space, and easy to clean
- Hygienic process connections, pipe connections and seals
- Hygienic materials and surfaces
- For use in wet areas for spray water and chemicals
- Ecolab and FDA compliant
- Sealed V4A stainless steel housing
- Protection against ingress of dust and high temperature, high pressure water - IP 69K